Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Sneak Peak... Craigslist find!


Recently I’ve decided to put my older boys into a bedroom together and keep one room open for their toys.  I thought that maybe if I nicely organized all their toys into one room they would no longer tell me that they were bored every fifteen minutes and cry that they have nothing to do and no toys to play with(this will probably still happen, but let me pretend it will work for at least a day).  

Their room was large enough for their separate twin beds, but it didn’t leave much room for their dressers.  The decision was made to buy the kids some bunk beds (scary since my kids end up in the ER at least once every couple of months on their own, without the addition of a bed six feet off the ground).

I went straight to Craigslist (one of my closest and dearest friends) and started to search… and search… and search.  I would check daily on the Orange County Craigslist, the LA one, the Inland Empire one, and even San Diego.  Every time one would post for under $400, it would sell immediately. 

Last night I finally found one for cheap!  They wanted $50 for a bunk bed set that needed a little TLC.  So here is what I picked up:

This is the picture from the Craigslist ad.
 Now, I’m off to break out the hairdryer to get rid of the stickers and some wood putty to fill in the carvings. 

What color should I paint it?  I’m think a navy blue or a dark grey or maybe even a bright retro green.

To be continued…

No comments:

Post a Comment