Sunday, June 24, 2012

Semi-Homemade Banana Cake


Semi-Homemade Banana Cake
Semi-Homemade can literally be my nickname.  Making things from scratch can be time consuming and often can cost a lot of money; so I enjoy finding shortcuts.  And when I find a good shortcut, I use it… often.

A friend of mine once gave me a recipe for a Semi-Homemade Banana Cake.  It was so easy to make and tasted great.  Once my family gave me their approval (AKA- they licked their plates clean) I knew that it would forever become part of our dessert rotation. 

So, since I’m a giver… I thought I would share this recipe with you.  Enjoy!

Semi-Homemade Banana Cake

1 box of yellow cake mix
Whatever ingredients the cake mix calls for
2 very ripe bananas
1 tsp of baking soda

Make the cake mix according to the directions.  Take the 2 bananas and mash them up in a small bowl.  Sprinkle in the teaspoon of baking soda and mix. 
Banana Mash-Up
Pour the mashed bananas into the cake mix and stir it together, then pour into a 9x13 pan (or whatever size you prefer) that has been greased.
Pour into cake mix
 Bake at 375 degrees for about 30 minutes (check your cake box for their cooking instructions).  Once it’s done baking you can eat the cake plain or top it with some yummy cream cheese frosting.
It's super yummy with or without the frosting.
Cream Cheese Frosting (this is a generic recipe, if you have a better one… please share)

2 (8 oz) packages of cream cheese, softened
½ cup butter, softened
2 cups of powdered sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract

Mix the cream cheese and butter in a mixer until creamy.  Add in the vanilla and slowly add in the powdered sugar.  Spread onto the banana cake and lick the spoon (and bowl clean). 

It's so good... want a bite?


No comments:

Post a Comment