Monday, June 4, 2012

Public Service Announcement- Tanning


Have you ever seen the “Faces of Meth” website?  It shows you before and after photos of people who got addicted to meth; allowing you to see the major changes that physically happened to them after they got addicted.  I’m not much of a bleeding heart; however, the photographs are actually heartbreaking.  Drugs suck. 

Now, drugs are not the only thing in this world that can do major damage to your body.  Since we live in the “OC”, I think it’s my duty to make sure that all of you understand the danger in tanning.  Like all of you, I enjoy a nice tan on my legs but I’ve learned to buy mine in a spray can from CVS.  I no longer roll around in baby oil and fry outside under the sun. 

If you don’t think that tanning is harmful, I would like to start my own blog on “Faces of Tanning”.  Here is our first example:

This is Patricia Krentcil, aka “Tanning Mom”, the mother in New Jersey who was arrested for taking her 5-year old daughter to a tanning salon.  She denies that she was there to tan the daughter, but the police disagree (hence the arrest). 

Now, we all know that she looks like fruit leather that was left in the broiler for too long, but what did she look like BEFORE her tanning addiction? You may be surprised to see that she was once a model.  No joke.

Tanning Mom BEFORE tanning:

From TMZ.com

As a person without a bleeding heart, I would like for you to know that I don’t want you to end up like Patricia.  I do honestly care about all of you that read my blog and would hate to see you at the Dermatologist getting skin cancer removed or worse… looking like an OC version of Snooki. 

So please, for all that is holy, wear the sun screen and stay away from the tanning salons this summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment