Monday, June 11, 2012

Fairy Godmother WANTED



Trying to catch up; that is the theme for today.  Over the weekend, as we were headed to JPL’s open house, I started to feel sick.  By the time we started to head home, the fever began.  It’s all pretty much a blur after that.  Thankfully it happened over the weekend when my husband was home and around to help me with the kids.  But as I was lying in the bathtub, in an attempt to fight the chills, I couldn’t stop thinking about how badly I needed a Fairy Godmother.

I blame all the movies I watched as a small child and the Disney books we read at school, but when I’m having a really horrible day I keep hoping that some beautiful fairy in some gigantic frilly dress is going to pop in and take away all my problems.  Corny?  Maybe.  Unrealistic?  Maybe not.

So, I really think that one of my amazing blog readers needs to start a business; a fairy godmother business.  There should be women out there with experience in keeping a house clean, cooking, watching kids, and taking care of the sick that are willing to share they skills with moms in need  for a reasonable fee.  Just think about it, if you are sick during the week and your husband is at work wouldn’t it be amazing to get on the phone and call a “Fairy Godmother” who will show up and get the kids dressed and ready, pack the lunches, get them to school on time, come back and do the laundry, play with the baby, feed you soup and bring you herbal tea, and leave when your husband gets home. 

Mom’s are honestly the most amazing people I have ever met.  Multi-tasking becomes a necessity to survive.  It becomes so essential in our lives that we don’t even realize that we are doing it.  The other day when my mom stopped over she laughed at me as I was breastfeeding the baby, talking on the phone and all while doing dishes and watching the other kids play in the backyard.  And if that would have happened during a week that I was sick, I would also be wiping my snotty nose and trying not to cough in my nursing baby’s face.    The day never seems to slow down, no matter how crappy I may feel.

So without getting on my hands and knees, I beg that someone start this business.  And keep in mind “reasonable” pricing.  Imagine us moms as Cinderella’s trapped inside a house with no money and a ton of chores but in desperate need of a break.  But we don't want to go to some fancy ball, we would rather just sleep in our bed without being interrupted all day.  Forget the prince, we already met him; he’s at work! 

No comments:

Post a Comment