Monday, July 23, 2012

Staples "Back to School" Stock Up



Alright, so July is almost over which means August is almost here which then means… it’s time to start hitting the shops and snagging all the best Back to School deals. 

Back in the day, when I was in school (only a few years ago since I am VERY young *wink*) I remember buying some new clothes, a backpack, and maybe a new pair of shoes.  Now, you go into Target and they have a whole rack with lists for each local elementary school and all of the items they want you to bring in.  The lists are HUGE and with every single item the dollar signs just keep adding up in my head.  The money tree in backyard has yet to start sprouting green leaves, so until that works out for us I am on a tight budget which means I need to shop for the very best deals to keep my costs low.

One of the best “go to” stores during the summer for supplies is Staples.  They usually have great rebates & their penny deals are hard to beat.  The only problem with going to Staples is that they have some tight limits on how many you can buy and you typically have to fill out a rebate form (which most of us forget to do).  However, they are now allowing you to fill out the forms online (which took literally seconds) so it is not nearly as big of a pain since you don’t have to track down an envelope, a stamp, and make copies. 

So I took a trip to Staples this morning and decided to buy some stuff off of their ad (Sunday, July 22nd).  I made sure to read all of the fine print because there were many restrictions such as $5 minimum purchase to receive 2 penny deals (they count the pencils/pens that are free as $4 since you pay out of pocket up front).  The awesome cashier allowed me to break up the items into a few transactions (not all of them will do this, so bring cash and have your kids buy some or go back in a few times throughout the week).  Here is a breakdown of my score:

2 reams of multipurpose paper
4 Highlighters (5 packs)
8 index cards (100 each)
4 cap erasers (12 each)
8 page flags (125 each)
3 post it notes (2- 75 each)
1 mechanical pencil (10 each)
1 ball point pen (5 each)

Out of pocket:  $ 31.07
Rebate cash back: $ 19.98
Total Cost: $11.09

Before typing up this blog post I took a few minutes and filled out my rebates online (once you fill it out the first time it saves your information for your future rebate forms).  I then stapled my confirmation print out to the receipt and put them in my filing cabinet.  I love rebates, but I never seem to keep track of them very well.  This year I’m going to stay organize (my husband might fall in love with me all over again if my organization skills kick in and sticks).

Now run off to Staples and score your own deals and come back let us know how you did!  And while you are shopping for some back to school deals I am going to start getting my grocery coupons together.  Albertsons is calling my name!

Staples ad for 7/22-7/28:
http://weeklyad.staples.com/Staples/BrowseByPage?storeid=2278257&promotionviewmode=2&promotioncode=Staples-120722&listingid=0&sneakpeek=N

SWEETEN THE DEAL:
Savology is offer a $15 gift card to Staples for $7.50.  It's only offered to first time customers and only one per household can purchase.  Make sure to pick one up now so that you can use it later with ALL of their awesome deals this summer:

https://www.saveology.com/deals/national/staples-gift-card-deal?utm_medium=CJ&utm_campaign=5360768&utm_source=AFF

No comments:

Post a Comment